FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ARE YOU AN OUTDOOR MARKET?
YES! We have limited indoor spaces which are selected at the SMM committee’s discretion only. In fairness to all, we cannot accommodate individual requests. Please only apply if you understand that you may be placed outdoors.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Click on the APPLY section of the Stall Holder Page. This will bring you to our online application form.
- Make sure you read all sections and can meet the requirements (outdoors, umbrella, stall size, handmade product etc)
- Answer all sections clearly and carefully (incomplete applications will not be considered)
- Submit clear, quality images of your product for possible SMM promotions use
- Click 'Submit Your Application' at the bottom of the online form. You will receive an email confirmation from us that your application has been received and is awaiting assessment.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED?
You will be contacted via your nominated email address by the Stall holder Manager after the application closing date. Those unsuccessful will be notified also and placed on a standby list.
WHAT SIZE IS THE STALL SITE?
Approximately 1m deep x 2m frontage
MARKET DATES & STALL ALLOCATIONS
You are required to specify which dates you are applying for when applying. However, no guarantees can be given that there will be a place available at each market that you specify, as there are a limited number of sites available at each market.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING ON MARKET DAY?
- If you are allocated an outdoor stall, a market umbrella is MANDATORY. All outdoor stall holders must have one.
- Table/trestle to fit within the site allocation.
- Full sized table cloth to cover storage underneath table
- Drop sheet for extra protection of your product and patrons should you need it
- Display equipment
WHAT ARE THE STALL FEES?
March, June, Sept & Nov markets: $100
Dec Twilight market: $80
Marquee sites (limited and at the discretion of the committee):
March, June, Sept & Nov markets: $130
Dec Twilight market: $100
PAYMENT OF INVOICES
An invoice will be emailed to advise which date/s you have been allocated.
Payment for all market dates booked must be received in full within the time specified on the invoice. NO PAYMENT by due date = NO BOOKING.
Note: Payment is required within 5 days of invoice receipt.
All markets booked and paid in full will be emailed a site map for the upcoming market 2 weeks prior to the event. Please note: stall sites are allocated differently for each market (depending on stallholders) – so you may be in a different spot each time. The allocations are made by the committee and are final.
DO I NEED TO BE PRESENT ON MARKET DAY?
YES! We are a Makers Market and we often promote the fact that you are on hand to discuss your products and interact with market visitors. It is part of our T&Cs for the maker to be present on market day and you are agreeing to this when you apply.
Feel free to bring along a helper on the day too though!
All applications will be assessed on the following criteria. The committee reserves the right to exercise its discretion in approving applications. The selection of stall holders for the market is based on the following selection principles:
- MUST BE hand-made or crafted by the stall holder. (this will be verified)
- High quality of work.
- Fits product diversity: we like to present something new to the public at each market.
- Uniqueness or creativity of the product.
- If you are a return applicant, please advise us of any new products/ranges as this will assist with selections.
- Food stall/skincare products must also submit a copy of their relevant documents – see Terms and Conditions section
Applications are ONLY assessed on .jpeg images supplied (jpeg images should not exceed 1MB per image).
Websites and Facebook images do not inform the selection process.
**Please only send clear, simple product photographs in order to be included in our market promotions. Whilst every effort is made, we cannot guarantee promotion for all stallholders**
The committee welcomes applications for gourmet and specialty foods. The primary purpose of any food products should be for consumption off-site. Packaging must be of the highest standards of presentation and photos of all products must be supplied.